General Plan (Adopted 2018):
The General Plan provides policy guidance to create the future we believe in, to implement our vision. Cudahy 2040 is intended to provide an enlightened strategy for the future development of our community – a strategy that values our history, unique character, and future potential. The Plan will enhance the quality of life for current and future generations; the Plan strives for sustainable use of resources now and in the future. Cudahy 2040 relies upon implementation programs to provide specific guidance that will lead to the goals and policies’ fulfillment. Through the General Plan’s implementation and the continued involvement of an engaged community, we will create a reality out of the future we imagine, the future we believe in, for Cudahy. The Cudahy 2040 Vision and Guiding Principles encapsulate the community’s -- residents, businesses, and stakeholders, collective ideas, and concepts for the community’s future.
“Cudahy is an engaged, passionate community that embraces its cultural diversity and strives for economic and environmental sustainability, while raising residents’ standard of living. Cudahy intends to enhance its neighborhoods and create community spaces to serve current and future residents.”
- Preserve Cudahy’s small-town feel.
- Foster Cudahy’s family-oriented values and lifecycle.
- Strengthen community collaboration.
- Recognize and celebrate Cudahy’s rich culture.
- Develop and distinctive character for Cudahy.
- Spark and strengthen economic prosperity.
- Improve multimodal mobility and safety.
- Protect and enhance community health and environment.
General Plan Documents:
- General Plan (adopted 2018)
The Housing Element within our General Plan is the city’s chief policy document on housing issues and this document is required to be updated every 8 years. A Housing Element provides policies and programs that address issues such as balance between employment and housing, preserves existing housing stock, increases affordability for all segments of our community, and provides opportunity sites for new housing as our population grows.
- 5th Cycle Housing Element (2014-2021) – Adopted January 7, 2014
- 6thCycle Housing Element Update (2021-2029) – The city is currently awaiting comments from the Department of Housing and Community Development (last updated March 7, 2023
- Cudahy Draft 6th Cycle Housing Element March 2022
- Cudahy Draft Cycle Housing Element July 2022